content



페이지 위치

Facility information

> TOUR > Hwaseong Fortress > Facility information


Changnyongmun Gate, Suwon

facebooktwitter

Built between May 8 and October 17 of 1795 (the 19th year of King Jeongjo’s reign), Changnyongmun (East Gate) is one of the four main gates of Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon. The word “Changnyong” refers to the blue dragon associated with the principles of feng shui. The semicircular, reinforced defense position attached to the exterior of this gate has one side open, unlike those at Janganmun or Paldalmun. A section of the stone wall on the left of the arched gate inside the reinforced position contains the names of the workers and the foreman who built it.

  • Last Modified : 2018.07.16
  • Visit : 1030

Quick Menu

  • GUIDE TOUR

TOP



GO TOP